So You Think I Can’t Work?
Some people are questioning my ability to work because I am an ODGJ. They think that halu people like me cannot be trusted. So, let’s talk about how I'm supporting myself financially.
I started working as a copywriter in 2019. Long story short, in 2022, someone DM-ed me. That person is my current boss. He asked if I could help him create educational property content.
I did not go through a job interview. He didn't even ask for my CV or portfolio. He simply invited me to have mie ayam with him and then gave me a job.
From the very beginning, I have always been honest with him about my mental health condition. He never specifically asked what my diagnosis was. But he more or less knows that I
- Take medication every day.
- Go to a psychiatrist every month.
- Sometimes take time off because of severe stress.
- Sometimes faint when I'm under a lot of stress.
I think one of my biggest support systems right now, aside from my psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors, legal representatives, and friends, is him. He is probably one of the people in this world who trusts me the most. He has never doubted what I tell him. If I tell him that I need to take the day off because I'm stressed, he immediately approves it.
I can't really say that he is my friend. However, every time I go through a breakup, I tell him about it. If I need financial help, he is also the person I turn to.
The scope of my work includes:
- Creating carousel or single-image content.
- Creating story content.
- Posting stories, reels, carousels, or single images.
- Replying to comments and DMs from netizens.
- Creating reports, lead magnets, and things like that.
- Finding creative talents to support my office, such as event organizers or editors. I usually filter them based on their pricing, communication skills, and, of course, their actual skills. I make the decision because our office doesn't have an HR department.
When I decided to see a forensic psychiatrist at RSCM, I contacted him. He paid for it.
Basically, I just want to say that my boss is a veryyyyy kind person. He makes sure that I have a job and can continue to support myself financially.
Actually, the reason I accepted the job from him was because the day before, I had experienced sexual harassment from a manager at my previous workplace. When he was explaining the job to me, he rubbed my thigh. I also told my current boss about this.
I always tell him everything, and he has never thought I was halu.
Even I am amazed by how much he trusts me.
Going to Malaysia
Some people have also questioned how I could possibly work in Malaysia. This year, I have already been to Malaysia twice, in February and September.
That's because I am part of the planning process. I plan all the content that we are going to shoot. There were a total of 21 projects. Then I also directed the talents in the videos. I also shot all the videos myself.
After that, I sorted all the footage and organized it accordingly. Every video also needs a voice-over, which I sometimes do myself. For videos where I am not the talent, I write the voice-over scripts. Then I send all the videos to the editor.
I'm only describing what I did for the September work trip here. The February one was more or less similar, but it took place in Johor Bahru.
My Side Income
I have always been open about my mental health condition. I mean, I post about it quite often on my Instagram Stories. So if there are clients who want to hire me as a freelance copywriter, they can. They can decide for themselves whether they trust me or not.
I also offer private mentoring. Since 2022, there have been dozens of people who have learned from me privately. However, at the moment, I do want to retire from it for a while because I feel like I don't have anything new to share anymore.
As for my ebook, which some people said I intentionally launched because I was riding on my viral moment, that's not true. I had already launched it on September 12. The ebook can be read for free here. This is a personal project.
My Mom
Another source of income is my mom.
My mom is the breadwinner in our family. And she is the second most successful person in my extended family after my uncle (the eldest child). She has a perfect life. She's beautiful, has a lot of money, and has an interesting job.
Even though I'm already an adult, my mom still sometimes gives me money. 90% of the clothes I wear are still bought by my mom. So is this iPhone 17.
I live a very comfortable life because of my parents (although our relationship has its ups and downs).
That's it.
Komentar
Posting Komentar